Phone or Email:
Parliament Office: 02 6277 7700
Electorate Office: 02 9327 3988
Parliament Office: 02 6277 4022
Electorate Office: 03 9326 1300
Points to make:
- We need leadership.
- Australia must take responsibility for the lives of people on Manus & Nauru
- We need you to evacuate the camps and bring people here to safety.
- People in offshore detention are in danger.
- The ongoing uncertainty and chaos is causing fear and harm.
- Our community wants people to be safe from harm.
- People around the country want a bipartisan approach to ending the political games.
- We need leadership and action, not more excuses.
- The lives of people in detention are Australia’s responsibility.
We invite you to consider how you might work with Rural Australians for Refugees
- Join one of the Refugee and Asylum Seeker support groups. There are many RAR groups, community groups, church groups working to improve the lives of Asylum Seekers and Refugees
- Engage in Fundraising, Awareness- raising, and/or Advocacy
- If there is no group near you, consider starting one
- Visit Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Detention Centres
- Letter Writing – to Politicians – MPs Addresses Senators Addresses
- Letter Writing – the Refugee Council of Australia has an initiative called Write to Be Heard.
- Visit our Facebook Page – Rural Australians for Refugees
Bumper Stickers available from Bellingen and Nambucca RAR
50 cents each plus postage
New T shirts available – details at http://bellorar.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/where-to-get-t-shirts.html
These bumper stickers are also available. Email Peter –