- Kaldor – Creating safe zones and safe corridors in conflict situations: Providing protection at home or preventing the search for asylum? – Geoff Gilbert and Anna Magdalena Rüsch – 2017 Policy Brief 5
The Policy Brief series showcases high quality, policy-relevant research on issues relating to forced migration and international refugee law. The views expressed in the Policy Brief represent those of the author and not the Andrew & Renata Kaldor Centre for International Refugee Law.
Policy Briefs are available online at www.kaldorcentre.unsw.edu.au/publications.
The second edition of this Report provides an update on legal and policy developments related to refugees and people seeking asylum in Australia since 2013.
The Report is not intended to address all the issues facing refugees and people seeking asylum in Australia. Instead, it focuses on developments which place Australia at risk of breaching its international human rights obligations
- Amnesty Report: Companies Profit from Abuse of Refugees on Nauru – 2017
- State of the Nation – Refugee Council of Australia Report – Feb 2017
The Refugee Council of Australia’s State of the Nation report documents what is happening to real people, here in our community, to their loved ones and their families. It collects the voices and views, the ideas and expertise, of people who are living through the experience of seeking safety and settling in Australia and the many committed Australians who are working hard to help them. It reflects our conversations with people across Australia and within our networks in 2015 and 2016. Finally, it sets out the challenges we face as we head into 2017 and provides clear actions our governments, and communities can take to ensure Australia treats refugees humanely. Read the full report here
- Comcare Report: Untold Damage – 2017
- Report to the Senate: Life Time Visa Ban – 2016
- Addressing The Pain of Separation for Refugee Families – RCOA – Nov 2016
- Save the Children – At What Cost – 2016
- Amnesty – Island of Despair – 2016
- Academic for Refugees – Policy Paper – 2016
- AHRC – Pathways to Protection – 2016
- Amnesty-Human Rights Watch investigation reports medical neglect and assaults on Nauru – 2016
- Speaking Up: The Global Refugee Youth Consultations in Australia Report
- Report on Christmas Island – Pamela Curr and Sister Brigid Arthur – 2016
- Health Care and Harms caused by Immigration Detention, Especially for Children – AMA Forum Report – Feb 2016
- The health and well-being of children in immigration detention – AHRC Feb 2016
- Delays in Citizenship Applications for Permanent Refugee Visa Holders – RCOA Nov 2015
- National Settlement Standards – Settlement Council of Australia – June 2015
- Forgotten Children Report – AHRC – 2014