Bankstown: Young Humanitarians Conference
February 26 - February 27
Young Humanitarians Conference reaches out to culturally diverse young people to engage them in volunteering and humanitarian action. In times of global upheaval and crisis, young people will learn how to create positive change through local action in their communities.
Who is it for?
- Young people aged 16-25
- Culturally diverse young people from refugee, migrant, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds
- People interested in volunteering and taking humanitarian action within their community
What makes the Young Humanitarians Conference unique?
- The conference is being designed by multicultural young people engaged in the Young Humanitarians Project.
- Young people will hear from speakers, performers and attend interactive workshops.
- Young people will get a chance to meet like-minded individuals and grow their networks.
The Young Humanitarians Conference Vision:
- Encounter different cultural worlds
- Empower young people to do good and take action
- Embrace a sense of welcome and community resilience
Details for the Young Humanitarians Conference
- Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th February 2019
- 8:30am registration, 9:30am start, 3:00pm finish
- Free of cost with lunch included
- Venue: Bryan Brown Theatre, Bankstown (walking distance from Bankstown Train Station)
Who’s running this conference, anyway?
The Young Humanitarians Project is a collaboration of:
– Red Cross
– MYAN NSW (Multicultural Youth Affairs Network NSW)
– STARTTS (Service, Treatment and Rehabilitation for Torture and Trauma Survivors)
– SES (State Emergency Services)
Together, we aim to build community resilience and social cohesion by supporting young people and their communities to engage, volunteer and develop skills in order to respond and take local action in a humanitarian crisis.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Bryan Brown Theatre is located walking distance from Bankstown Train Station. Parking is also available at the Bankstown Library, with a limit up to 4 hours free.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can contact Hannah Lai by emailing Hannah@myannsw.org.au
I’d like to register a group to attend this conference, how can I do that?
Please email Hannah with the name of your group (school, organisation, cultural group), name of contact person, their phone number and email. A separate group registration option will be sent to them.