- This event has passed.
Bendigo – Community Human Rights Forum
15 March 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pmFREE
Community Human Rights Forum: Young People, Leadership, and Human Rights
Guest Speaker: Fadak Alfayadah – Community rights, lawyer, gender equity and human rights advocate.
The City of Greater Bendigo invites you to the annual Community Human Rights Forum. This event will launch Zinda and Cultural Diversity Week 2019 in Greater Bendigo. Guest speaker Fadak came to Australia as a refugee from Iraq and is the head of #MeetFadak – a campaign to change the story around people seeking asylum in Australia.
The aim of the forum is to promote young peoples’ voices regarding human rights and community leadership.
Program highlights of the forum include:
• A Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony by the Dja Dja Wurrung Corporation
• A welcome from Mayor Cr Margaret O’Rourke
• MC by Khayshie Tilak Ramesh, City of Greater Bendigo, Youth Mayor-elect
• Launch of the year two report back to community of the Cultural Diversity and Inclusion Plan
• Free multicultural food served throughout the evening
While the event is free to attend, you must register at www.zinda.org.au/product/human-rights-forum
Seats are limited so please register by Wednesday March 13, 2019.