- This event has passed.
Brisbane: World Refugee Day Rally
20 June 2015 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- 11am, Saturday 20 June,
- King George Square,
- Benedict Coyne: Australian Lawyers for Human Rights
- Senator Larissa Waters: Greens senator for Queensland
- George Goring: former electrician at Nauru turned whistleblower
- A speaker from the Burmese Rohingyan community
- The government’s tough deterrence policies have a human cost.
- The refusal of Tony Abbott to do anything to help the estimated 8000 Rohingya asylum seekers and others has taken Australia’s harsh anti refugee policies to a new low.
- Children and others have been sexual and physically abused on Nauru.
- Thousands of lives are being slowly destroyed by the mental torture of endless detention.
- Let them land let them stay
- Humanitarian assistance for Rohingyans now
- Settlement of refugees out of Indonesia now
- Close Nauru and Manus hellholes now
- End mandatory detention
- No TPVs
- Respect refugee rights!