- This event has passed.
Moggs Creeek & Anglesea River: BBQ & Day Out
16 April 2016 @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
A day of activities and a barbecue lunchWe are inviting refugee families to a day of activities and a barbecue lunch. This will take place near the Anglesea River and at the Guide Camp in Moggs Creek.We are offering activities including surf lessons, kayaking, horse riding, bush walks, beach activities and ball games, depending on the interests of the participants.Morning tea, lunch and non alcoholic drinks will be served and our members will be asked to contribute cakes and salads.Program for the Day
- Welcome and morning tea at Anglesea
- River activities at Anglesea – options are hire canoe, bring own canoe/kayak, or chat and socialise on the river bank.
- Surfing – options are join in the surfing lesson (numbers may be limited), help supervise if you are an experienced surfer or observe from the beach.
- BBQ lunch at Moggs Creek Guide Camp (no cost, please indicate any dietary requirements)
- Horse riding – join in with riders or come along for moral support.
- Walking tour of Inlet area and Lighthouse
- Farewell afternoon tea
The aim of the day is to provide an enjoyable day out for people who are enduring some very difficult times, to show the guests that there are many Australians who welcome them warmly and to provide the opportunity for us all to develop some mutual understanding.