- This event has passed.
Refugee Forum: University of Newcastle Amnesty International Group
19 May 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The University of Newcastle Amnesty International Group invite you to our annual Refugee Rights Forum. Our 2015 forum is focusing on the experiences of child asylum seekers and refugee families in Australia, our local community and Australian Detention Centres both on and off-shore.
This free forum is open to all community members and will be held:
- Date:Tuesday the 19th of May
- Time: 6pm gathering and refreshments, for a 6:25pm start.
- Venue: GP 101 building (at the University of Newcastle’s Callaghan Campus).
An esteemed line up of panelists, with a QandA style guided discussion will occur on the night.
Our panelists include:
- Georgina Ramsey; PhD Candidate focusing on the experiences of refugee children.
- Sister Di Santleben; renowned local community activist for refugees and refugee families, will be joining us again for 2015.
- Ms Lulu Tantos; CEO of Northern Settlement Services, Migration Agent, with a wealth of experience in representing refugees and migrants.