Great Lakes RAR Website – Great Lakes (GLRAR)
Great Lakes Rural Australians for Refugees is a group of local people/residents who are distressed over the treatment of asylum seekers and refugees by recent Australian Governments. The group was formed following a public meeting on the 29th June, 2002 and has continued to lobby politicians, and assist advocates, to improve the treatment of refugees. GLRAR is a non-party political, non-sectarian, group of supporters. We do not have formal membership requirements. We only ask that you support our aims and everyone who does so is welcome.
- To advocate for the humane, treatment of all asylum seekers and refugees seeking help from Australia.
- To offer material help to those refugees in need or who are in detention.
- Raise awareness within the community of the plight of refugees and the adverse impacts of Australia’s present Immigration Policy.
- To promote the protection of human rights and civil liberties for all people in Australia through a Charter of Rights.
- Meetings are held on the last Saturday of every month at 2pm.
- Venue – Catholic Parish Hall, Lake Street Forster.
- Meetings are not usually held over the Christmas holiday period.
MEDIA RELEASE – GREAT LAKES RURAL AUSTRALIANS FOR REFUGEES
GREAT LAKES RESIDENTS TO SIGN A CONDOLENCE BOOK FOR CHRISTCHURCH VICTIMS
For further information about Great Lakes RAR, email
Return to list of RAR Groups in NSW« Return to list of RAR Groups