Great Lakes RAR Website – Great Lakes (GLRAR)
Great Lakes Rural Australians for Refugees is a group of local people/residents who are distressed over the treatment of asylum seekers and refugees by recent Australian Governments. The group was formed following a public meeting on the 29th June, 2002 and has continued to lobby politicians, and assist advocates, to improve the treatment of refugees. GLRAR is a non-party political, non-sectarian, group of supporters. We do not have formal membership requirements. We only ask that you support our aims and everyone who does so is welcome.
- To advocate for the humane, treatment of all asylum seekers and refugees seeking help from Australia.
- To offer material help to those refugees in need or who are in detention.
- Raise awareness within the community of the plight of refugees and the adverse impacts of Australia’s present Immigration Policy.
- To promote the protection of human rights and civil liberties for all people in Australia through a Charter of Rights.
- Meetings are held on the last Saturday of every month at 2pm.
- Venue – Catholic Parish Hall, Lake Street Forster.
- Meetings are not usually held over the Christmas holiday period.
For further information about Great Lakes RAR, email
Return to list of RAR Groups in NSW« Return to list of RAR Groups