Find us at our Market Stalls – Point Lonsdale, Queenscliff, and Ocean Grove
QRAR banner being carried at a Palm Sunday refugee rally in Melbourne
Queenscliff RAR is a community group active on the Bellarine Peninsula and in the Geelong region in Victoria.
- We are part of the wider RAR (Rural Australians for Refugees) grass-roots movement across Australia.
- RAR involves voters of all persuasions working solely for a more humane and welcoming policy towards asylum seekers and refugees.
- We offer friendship, support & advocacy to asylum seekers & refugees who have been held in mainland or offshore immigration detention, including those returned to their homelands.
- We provide support to their families living in precarious circumstances overseas, awaiting family reunion.
- We lobby MPs for key refugee policy reform in accordance with Australia’s international human rights obligations as a signatory to the UN Refugee Convention.
- We raise community awareness about issues affecting asylum seekers and refugees.
- We raise funds to assist asylum seekers and refugees with legal representation; support; family reunion; and medical expenses.
Ongoing projects include:
- ‘Support Packs’ of supplies to asylum seekers living in Geelong area; Conversation English; QRAR market stalls.
- Email newsletters & updates are our primary form of communication between members.
TO JOIN QRAR please contact
Visit our website: http://www.queenscliffrar.org/
You can find QRAR at:
- Point Lonsdale Market – 2nd Sunday each month 9 – 2pm, Point Lonsdale PS, Bowen Cres, Pt. Lonsdale.
- Queenscliff Community Market – last Sunday of month, Sept-May, 9 –2pm, Lower Princess Park, Q’cliff.
- Ocean Grove Farmers Market – 3rd Saturday, 9-1pm Ocean Grove Park , cnr. Presidents Ave & Draper St, Ocean Grove.
For further information about Queenscliff RAR contact –
Return to list of RAR Groups in Victoria« Return to list of RAR Groups