Find us at our Market Stalls – Point Lonsdale, Queenscliff, and Ocean Grove
QRAR banner being carried at a Palm Sunday refugee rally in Melbourne
Queenscliff RAR is a community group active on the Bellarine Peninsula and in the Geelong region in Victoria.
- We are part of the wider RAR (Rural Australians for Refugees) grass-roots movement across Australia.
- RAR involves voters of all persuasions working solely for a more humane and welcoming policy towards asylum seekers and refugees.
- We offer friendship, support & advocacy to asylum seekers & refugees who have been held in mainland or offshore immigration detention, including those returned to their homelands.
- We provide support to their families living in precarious circumstances overseas, awaiting family reunion.
- We lobby MPs for key refugee policy reform in accordance with Australia’s international human rights obligations as a signatory to the UN Refugee Convention.
- We raise community awareness about issues affecting asylum seekers and refugees.
- We raise funds to assist asylum seekers and refugees with legal representation; support; family reunion; and medical expenses.
Ongoing projects include:
- ‘Support Packs’ of supplies to asylum seekers living in Geelong area; Conversation English; QRAR market stalls.
- Email newsletters & updates are our primary form of communication between members.
Visit our website: http://www.queenscliffrar.org/
You can find QRAR at:
- Point Lonsdale Market – 2nd Sunday each month 9 – 2pm, Point Lonsdale PS, Bowen Cres, Pt. Lonsdale.
- Queenscliff Community Market – last Sunday of month, Sept-May, 9 –2pm, Lower Princess Park, Q’cliff.
- Bellarine Farmers Market – 3rd Saturday, 9-1pm Ocean Grove Park , cnr. Presidents Ave & Draper St, Ocean Grove.
- Monthly QRAR meetings (Feb to Dec) on the first Monday of each month from 7.30 pm. at the Uniting Church, Queenscliff, Vic.
Return to list of RAR Groups in Victoria« Return to list of RAR Groups