- States of Refuge – Liberty Victoria’s Rights Advocacy Project (‘RAP’) July 2018
- UN: Global Trends – Forced Displacement in 2017
- Gradations of externalisation: is the EU sailing towards offshoring asylum protection? Daria Davitti, Marlene Fries & Marie Walter-Franke – FMU Policy Brief No. 03/2018 (17 May 2018)
Report on Australian advocacy in Geneva 2018 – RCOA – 8 August 2018
Making the Global Compacts Work: What future for refugees and migrants? April 2018 –
A Kaldor Centre Policy Brief, published in partnership with The New School’s Zolberg Institute on Migration and Mobility. This Policy Brief examines two international agreements under negotiation at the United Nations – the Global Compact on Refugees, and the Global Compact on Safe, Regular and Orderly Migration – and concludes they have potential to significantly improve the international systems of refugee protection and migration management. Kaldor Centre‘s other resources about the Global Compacts.
- Asylum seekers, refugees and human rights: SNAPSHOT REPORT (2ND EDITION) • 2017
The second edition of this Report provides an update on legal and policy developments related to refugees and people seeking asylum in Australia since 2013.
- Australia’s UN report card raises serious concerns, meaningful response by Government crucial – Law Council of Australia – 10 November 2017
- Addressing the Pain of Separation for Refugee Families
New Report from the Refugee Council of Australia – September 2017
“Family reunion is key. The reason why it is number one in my list [of concerns] is that socially, psychologically, emotionally, financially, [family separation] is not viable.” – Former refugee from South Sudan
- Four Years Too Many – Report by GetUP and the Human Rights Law Centre: July 2017
Read the words and experiences of the innocent people whom the Australian Government has kept locked away for four years.
“All they want – all they’ve ever wanted – is a chance to build a future in freedom and safety.
And that future must start now.” – Daniel Webb, Director of Legal Advocacy, Human Rights Law Centre
- Kaldor – Creating safe zones and safe corridors in conflict situations: Providing protection at home or preventing the search for asylum? – Geoff Gilbert and Anna Magdalena Rüsch – 2017 Policy Brief 5
The Policy Brief series showcases high quality, policy-relevant research on issues relating to forced migration and international refugee law. The views expressed in the Policy Brief represent those of the author and not the Andrew & Renata Kaldor Centre for International Refugee Law.
Kaldor Centre Policy Briefs are available at www.kaldorcentre.unsw.edu.au/publications.
- Amnesty Report: Companies Profit from Abuse of Refugees on Nauru – 2017
- State of the Nation – Refugee Council of Australia Report – Feb 2017
- Comcare Report: Untold Damage – 2017
- Report to the Senate: Life Time Visa Ban – 2016
- Amnesty – Island of Despair – 2016
- Academic for Refugees – Policy Paper – 2016
- AHRC – Pathways to Protection – 2016
- Amnesty-Human Rights Watch investigation reports medical neglect and assaults on Nauru – 2016
- Speaking Up: The Global Refugee Youth Consultations in Australia Report – 2016
- Delays in Citizenship Applications for Permanent Refugee Visa Holde rs – RCOA Nov 2015
- The Forgotten Children – 1 Year On – Feb 2016
- Pathways to Protection: A human rights-based response to the flight of asylum seekers by sea – 14 Sept 2016
- Moss Review into recent allegations relating to conditions and circumstances at the Regional Processing Centre in Nauru – Feb 2015
- The Forgotten Children: National Inquiry into Children in Immigration Detention – 2014