Currently the Welcome Scroll is “resting” during COVId restriction.
There are now 161 Refugee Welcome Zone (RWZ) councils across australia.
The Refugee Welcome Zone declaration is a public commitment in spirit to:
- Welcoming refugees in to our community
- Upholding the human rights of refugees
- Demonstrating compassion for refugees
- Enhancing cultural and religious diversity in our community
Launched at the 2016 Rural Australians for Refugees National Conference
The Welcome Scroll is a joint initiative of:
- Rural Australians for Refugees (RAR)
- Refugee Council of Australia (RCOA)
- Refugee Welcome Zone Councils (RWZ)
The success of this project demonstrates the genuine goodwill and support for the successful resettlement of refugees in our country.
For information email:
Phone: 0417 313 037
And visit the Welcome Scroll website