There are now 161 Refugee Welcome Zone (RWZ) councils across australia.
The Refugee Welcome Zone declaration is a public commitment in spirit to:
- Welcoming refugees in to our community
- Upholding the human rights of refugees
- Demonstrating compassion for refugees
- Enhancing cultural and religious diversity in our community
Launched at the 2016 Rural Australians for Refugees National Conference
The Welcome Scroll is a joint initiative of:
- Rural Australians for Refugees (RAR)
- Refugee Council of Australia (RCOA)
- Refugee Welcome Zone Councils (RWZ)
Currently the Welcome Scroll is on a national journey, visiting Refugee Welcome Zone Councils (RWZ).
The success of this project demonstrates the genuine goodwill and support for the successful resettlement of refugees in our country.
For information email:
Phone: 0417 313 037
And visit the Welcome Scroll website