Petition EN1059 – Accept the NZ refugee resettlement offer
Andrew Wilkie is introducing his Refugee Protection Bill on Monday morning October 21.
The aim is to get the Australian Government with the help of the opposition to accept the NZ offer to resettle Asylum Seekers currently in PNG.
RAR is partnering with many other refugee advocay and support groups to campaign for this bill to be successful!
Please read the bill here EM-Refugee Protection Bill
Check the RAR website for the latest information and share on Facebook and twitter the latest action you or your group have taken using the hash tag #toNZ
For image resources to use on your social media pages, please go to our digitial library.
Postcards for sending to the Prime Minister below:
#tonz Postcard for PM – A4 pdf version
#tonz postcard for PM – A4 Word version
Postcards for sending to the Members and Senators below:
CURRENT ACTION 3 – PNG Prime Minister Marape – October 1 – 16
Email/write to the PNG Prime Minister Marape (Writing is preferable as the emails are bouncing back)
C/-National Parliament, PO Parliament House, WAIGANI, NCD 131, Papua New Guinea
Congratulate Prime Minister Marape on moving all the Asylum Seekers from Manus and ask him to consider the offer of the New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Adern to settle the Asylum Seekers in New Zealand.
- Email/ write to PNG Immigration Minister
PNG Immigration and Border Security Minister, Petrus Thomas, and the PNG Immigration and Citizenship Authority.
Petrus Thomas Ph. +675 3277 510
Ph. +675 3277 508
Fax +675 3277480
PNG ICA. www.ica.gov.pg
Ph.+675 327 6100 email : clientservice@immigration. gov.pg
- Email the PNG High Commission to Australia
Congratulate the move of asylum seekers off Manus when will the Government show mercy, justice and compassion and move asylum seekers in PNG to a country where they can pursue normal lives.
COMPLETED: ACTION 2 – ALP and Greens MP: 19-26 SEPTEMBER
- Email your local ALP member to ask Anthony Albanese to request that Jacinda Adern reissue her invitation to the Federal Government and Prime Minister Marape to resettle Asylum Seeker in New Zealand.
- Email your local Greens Senator and ask them to contact the New Zealand Greens MPs to persuade Jacinda Adern to offer to re-settle the Asylum Seekers in New Zealand.
- Follow up phone call to ask for a meeting with your local MP/Senator….be polite, be persistent.
- Be friendly, build a relationship, do not accuse
COMPLETED: ACTION 1: 19-26 SEPTEMBER
We are asking everyone to please email or call their federal member and ask them these two questions:
- What will it take for Australia to accept the NZ deal?
- What will happen to the asylum seekers left in PNG if we don’t accept the deal?
We are seeking to have every member in the country be faced with these questions in the month of September during Cathy McGowan’s nation wide series of talks.
This is a high priority for RAR. Please support this campaign to free those in PNG #toNZ. Share your letters, share articles on socail media using #toNZ